Since my semester officially ended on Tuesday last week, I have been converting myself to my summer schedule. Which includes:
- Wake up at 6:20
- Eat French toast if possible
- Leave home at 7:15
- Arrive at the IU with my mom at 7:45
- Open envelopes, print cover letters, sort returned surveys, void nondeliverable surveys, translate questions for surveys into Spanish, and zone so thoroughly I forget who I am
- Listen to the same four or five albums over and over again on Spotify.
So I am back to the grind with my infamous summer job as a professional envelope opener. This is my third year working at the IU on the Family Survey Project, and I have seniority over people working on the project now (yay!). Which means I have underlings (maniacal laugh).
Okay, so I don’t really have underlings. My mom has underlings, and I am on the top of her underling list.
Anyway, this is just a quick post to let you know how the summer is going to be structured on le blog.
Starting in the next couple of days, I’m going to make a push to post every weekday. Whether this means waking up earlier or posting before I go to bed, I don’t know yet, but it’s coming. And here are some prospective topics:
- More book reviews
- Album reviews
- Movie reviews
- “5 Best” lists (maybe a couple)
- Whether or not I can afford to go to the ILP again this year
- Crazy randomness and hilarity from the office
- Crazy randomness and hilarity from people hanging out
- Info about Woman of Dust
So keep on checking back! This should be a fun summer!