Hi, folks! First, I want to give a warm hello to the several bloggers who have made the leap to follow me. Thank you for your traffic! Hope you’re enjoying it :).
Okay, down to business. Starting tomorrow, I am going to run through a quick countdown of what I consider to be five of the best albums to listen to in a post-break-up world. Here are some of the criteria by which I am judging:
- How much of this album is depressing, and how much is empowering? (A good album should be ultimately empowering)
- Are the relationship scenarios realistic, or complete phooey?
- Are the individual songs musically mature?
- Are the songs socially mature?
- Is there a balance of songs between leaving someone and being left?
- Does the album’s track list have a rough progression of thought and development?
- Does the album touch on something other than breaking up?
So stop back tomorrow to see my number five pick for Five Best Break Up Albums!